By Way of (Re)Introduction…

Welcome to the New, Improved (and hopefully regularly updated) Rat Bastard Gaming Blog!

The plan is to chronicle, discuss, and, in some cases, just plain brag about the various gaming exploits of The Rat Bastards. Whether its board, card, dice, miniatures, role-playing, or war games, if we play it, you should be able to read about it here.

I am your humble host and blog admin, Rat Punk. The majority of what you find here will come from me, but I’m hoping to get an occasional guest blog from some of the other Rats as well.

Who are the Rat Bastards you ask?

We are a group of long time gamers, mostly located in Central Indiana, but with members as far away as Seattle, Washington and even Athens, Greece! In our civilian identities, we come from all walks of life, ranging from mere office drones (yours truly) to business owners, podcasters, game designers, and everything in-between. Eventually, you’ll be able to learn more about us at the About link at the top of the page.

Our true passion, though, is gaming in all its varied and entertaining forms and that’s what you’ll read about on this blog. So check back often to learn about new games, old games, and what we’ve been playing!

Rat Punk

Tagged:

10 Comments

1. Norman Fraley June 4, 2014 6:46 pm  Reply

I am a long lost honorary Rat Bastard, that is if any of you remember me. Doomtown + GenCon

I’m in North Carolina now
    😎
    Norm

2. RatPunk June 5, 2014 9:31 am  Reply

NORM!!

Of course we remember you! In fact, I was just wondering about you not more than a couple of weeks ago! How have you been?

3. Rat For Hire June 5, 2014 10:12 am  Reply

NORM!!
    I was just thinking about you last week or so as I reminisced about Doomtown and poker chips! Will you be attending GenCon this summer? New Doomtown to be released!

• Norman Fraley August 15, 2014 12:02 am  Reply

I saw Doomtown Reloaded was released there and I so want a copy of the Premium case. Could not pull away to make the trip tho. How many of y’all are up there?

4. Mike Commons July 31, 2014 12:59 pm  Reply

Hey Rats!

I’m the 2012 GenCon Spiel winner and 2013 runner-up. My two brothers competed last year as well. However, WHERE’S THE RACE THIS YEAR? None of us can find it in the event list. Are you guys playing? Is it going to be at one of your homes around Indy instead of at the Con? This is the #1 event for us each year. HELP!

• admin July 31, 2014 2:09 pm  Reply

Alas, no. I will not be able to run the event this year due to Gencon conflicting with other family commitments.
      Have fun at the convention!
      Regards,
      FAQ Rat

5. Mike Commons August 4, 2014 8:16 am  Reply

Sorry to hear you guys can’t run it this year. However, my brothers and I will be in attendance and are interested in running a race of some sort. What we’d like to know is whether you have the ability to send word to the other rat bastards and anyone else that might be interested in racing. My brother Chris has every track (I think) and we’re able to run as small or large a race as we have interest. Let me know if the Rat Bastards are interested in having us put something together.

6. RatPunk August 5, 2014 2:45 pm  Reply

Michael, I’ve been talking it over with Rick (FAQ Rat) and we’re going to try to do something “unsanctioned” on Friday evening. Here’s how Rick described it to me:

“5 tracks. 10 players. Everybody is on track 1 for a 1 lap race. Finish order determines starting positions for the next track. Grab a new car sheet and go. It covers 5 laps on 5 different tracks but re-groups the field so we don’t end up with a run-away leader.”

We will provide everything needed to play, but the location will have to be determined on site as we’ll have to throw down on an empty table somewhere. I imagine we’ll try to be in the board game hall where the previous Formula De events have been held.

Let me know if that works for you and your brothers!

Thanks,
    RatPunk

7. Mike Commons August 11, 2014 4:05 pm  Reply

The Brothers Commons are in! That’s three of us! Excellent! We’ll see you around the usual spot Friday Evening.

8. Mike Commons August 15, 2014 5:23 pm  Reply

So, we’re hoping not to miss you guys tonight. We’re not sure exactly what time to be in Hall E (board game hall) looking out for the Rat Bastards. Can someone email me…maybe. thanks. Just really wanna play your version!